Communications and Marketing Intern
Audubon seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist development marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for well-known community based nonprofit organization. Duties include, but are not limited to the following. Each intern will be encouraged to take a leadership role in spearheading their own project within the objectives of the advancement department, depending on one's experience and hours of availability.
You Will Gain Experience In:
- Writing for the monthly eNewsletter, eWing.
- Drafting, distributing and pitching news releases, media alerts and other stories.
- Designing flyers, e-vites and other marketing material for major events hosted by Audubon.
- Updating the Audubon website.
- Developing PSAs and content for social media and website.
- Organization and implementation of awareness and giving campaigns.
- Reaching out to the community organizations, general public and donors with the message about Audubon’s mission.
- Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications.
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations, Hospitality, Nonprofit Management, or other relevant major)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel)
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Interest in nonprofit development/fundraising
The above job description and qualifications are not meant to be all-inclusive.
Hours: 6-10 hours/week, preferably twice a week in the office.
Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship
To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to Jon Scoones at email@example.com or by filling out our volunteer application.
Audubon Environmental Education Center
Visit Rhode Island's largest nature center and aquarium!